Request for Proposals
The EDA University Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks proposals from qualified contractors to provide services and support for entrepreneurs and researchers with technology development related to the coronavirus pandemic. Examples of technologies responding to COVID-19 include testing, data modeling, analysis, PPE, medical devices, therapies, prevention, etc.
Click the following links to view full details of each RFP, including proposal package expectations, contractor responsibilities, and contract terms. Brief summaries are provided below.
Due to the urgent nature of our award objectives, please submit proposals as soon as possible. Proposals received by September 16, 2020 will receive full consideration.
Consultants that can provide mentoring, coaching, counseling, or other services that support any of the following objectives are encouraged to submit a proposal:
- technology or product development
- prototype design, engineering, fabrication, or testing
- ideation and solution development resulting in new tech or using existing tech
- commercialization or technology transfer plans
- small-batch manufacturing
- non-exclusive royalty free (NERF) licensing opportunities
- FDA approvals such as the Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program (CTAP), Ultra-Rapid Protocol Reviews (24-hour response), and Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs)
- navigation of federal funding opportunities and proposal development
- lean startup or I-Corps training
- client case management and coordination of action plans involving COVID-19 Technology Acceleration resources
Prototyping, Fabrication, or Makerspace Labs
Labs, shops, or facilities that can provide any of the following types of services or support are encouraged to submit a proposal:
- prototype fabrication, development, design, engineering, or testing
- rapid prototyping and testing
- small-batch crafting, machining, or manufacturing
EDA CARES Act Funding
The EDA University Center at the University of Illinois is led by EnterpriseWorks at the University of Illinois Research Park. Funding support for the Center is provided by the U.S. Economic Development Administration. Support for COVID-19 Technology Acceleration is funded by an EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance Award. This funding award ends June 30, 2022.