Annual Meeting – Illinois University Incubator Network
Date(s) - May 23, 2019
Annual Meeting — Illinois University Incubator Network
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2019 — 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Location: 200 S. Wacker Dr., Fourth Floor, Chicago, IL 60606
The IUIN Annual Meeting showcases best practices, thought leadership, and resource sharing among Illinois university incubators and promotes ongoing dialogue, problem solving, and collaboration among participants. An agenda for the meeting may be viewed online at https://go.illinois.edu/IUINMTGAGENDA.
The annual meeting is open to IUIN incubator members as well as Illinois institutions of higher education that provide (or plan to develop) incubation or entrepreneurship support for their campus and community stakeholders.
Registration is required. Please register no later than May 15. There is no fee to attend. https://go.illinois.edu/IUINMTGREG.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our venue requires a registered participant list prior to the event. Security staff will reference this list to provide access to event space on the fourth floor.
Agenda Topics Include:
- IL Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity — Update on Entrepreneurship Programs
- Overview of the University Entrepreneurship Index by the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition
- Economic Development Funding Opportunities
- Leveraging Student Talent to Help Startups
- Transitioning from a Community to a University Incubator
- Final Four Business Pitch Competition
- SBIR Trends in Illinois
- Design, Prototyping, Engineering, & Commercialization Support at the EIGERlab Center for Product Development
- Social Innovation and Student Support for Organizations
- Illinois NSF I-Corps Experiences
- NEIU BIG Center and Outreach to 50+ Entrepreneurs
- Progress of the new Rosalind Franklin University Innovation & Research Park
Also consider attending the Northwestern VentureCat Showcase the night before, on May 22. For more details and registration, visit https://www.venturecat.northwestern.edu/.